Cricket Wireless is offering a $100,000 bounty for the safe capture of the yet-to-be-discovered by science “Chupacabra” during the 2013 El Chupacabra de San Antonio 5K and 10K on Friday, July 26. If the Chupacabra is humanely and safely captured, the captor is to share a photo of the unharmed creature and announce their claim.
Plus, runners and fans who spot the mysterious Chupacabra and share a photo with Cricket Wireless on Twitter (@CricketNation) and include #CricketBounty earn a chance to win a Samsung Galaxy S III and three months of unlimited service (a $600 value). Tweet for your chance to win!
Entering the contest is easy. Here's how:
El Chupacabras de San Antonio 5K & 10K
July 26, 9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Classics Elite Soccer Fields
San Antonio, TX 78216
Full Photo Contest Rules:
San Antonio Chupacabra Photo Giveaway - Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Promotion may only be entered in or from the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Promotion is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States.
How to Enter. During the Promotion Period (defined below), tweet a photo from the Chupacabra Fun Run 5K/10K event at @CricketNation using the #CricketBounty hashtag. You will automatically receive one (1) entry for each tweet with photo. To be eligible, tweets must include a photo, tag @CricketNation, and include the hashtag #CricketBounty. There will be a random drawing at the end of each Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) entry per person, per giveaway.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Twitter account: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the tweet; and (b) the message is entrant’s own creation and will not infringe on any rights of any third parties. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any messages that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language.
You must be an active holder of a Twitter account to be eligible to enter this Promotion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter account, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
If you are unable or chose not to enter online you can do so off-line by completing and returning the entry form, or use a plain 3" X 5" piece of paper to hand print your complete name, age, and address, including zip code, and mail by first class mail to Zocalo Group c/o Thi Miller, 200 E Randolph 42nd FL, Chicago, IL 60601.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
2. Start/End Dates. Promotion begins at 8:00:00 pm CST on July 26, 2013 and ends at 7:59:59 pm CST on July 29, 2013 (“Promotion Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Cricket Communications (“Sponsor”), and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received that Promotion Day on or about one day after that Promotion Day ends. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for that Promotion Day drawing. Drawing will be conducted by Zocalo Group, an independent judging organization. By entering the Promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion. Zocalo Group will monitor tweets using #CricketBounty during the Promotion Day. A total of one (1) winner will be selected throughout the Promotion Period. The winners will be selected on July 30, 2013.
5. Prizes. One (1) winner will be randomly selected to receive one (1) Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone with three (3) months of Unlimited Service including Muve Music. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of prize: $600. Prize is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winners. Limit one (1) prize per person.
6. Notification. Potential winner will receive a direct message from Sponsor through the Twitter account used to enter the Promotion on or about one day after their entry has been selected. Potential winner will be required to respond to the direct message and provide mailing address details within twelve (12) hours of receipt. If a potential winner does not respond to the direct message or provide mailing address details within the required time frame, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next runner-up. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winner will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within one (1) calendar day of prize notification. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Liability/Publicity must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to complete and respond to the direct message within the required time period, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Promotion rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another eligible, randomly selected entrant. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN PROMOTION, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Promotion or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Promotion in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Promotion cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
8. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or web site.
Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 15, 2013 to:
200 East Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601
11. Sponsor. Cricket Communications, 6380 S. Fiddlers Green Circle, 6th Floor, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
$100,000 Chupacabra Bounty
San Antonio, Texas July 26, 2013
YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED PARTICIPANT IN THE 2013 CHUPACABRA DE San Antonio 5/10K TO WIN
$100,000 Chupacabra Bounty (the “Contest”) begins on July 26, 2013, 9:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) and ends July 26, 2013 at 11:30 p.m. CST (the “Contest Period”). The Contest provides eligible individuals the opportunity to search for a Chupacabra and should an individual find “irrefutable evidence” of Chupacabra’s existence in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she could win $100,000 dollars, as described below. The Contest is sponsored by Cricket Communications, Inc., 7330 San Pedro Avenue, 9th Floor, San Antonio TX 78216 (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or the “Judging Panel” (as defined below) as applicable, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
The Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 year of age and who have paid for and participated in the 2013 Chupacabra de San Antonio 5/10K Headlamp Run. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, and RunInTexas, the “Judging Panel” (as that term is defined below), their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and all other individuals directly related to the administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of the Contest Entities are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited by law.
HOW IT WORKS:
If an eligible individual believes that he/she has found irrefutable evidence of a Chupacabra in accordance with these Official Rules during the Contest Period, he/she must submit an image to @CricketNation (the Twitter Page for CRICKET) during the Contest Period, describe Chupacabra and how it was caught, and at the Chupacabra de San Antonio race finish line, complete the registration information (Bounty Report) required, provide a brief description of the evidence, check that you have read and agree to these Official Rules. A Sponsor and/or a representative of same will contact all individuals submitting a Bounty Report in compliance with these Official Rules within thirty (30) days of submission. Next steps will be determined by the Sponsor and/or a representative of same and/or the Judging Panel depending on the quality and type of evidence presented. Eligible entrants must follow all instructions of Sponsor and/or its representative in their entirety in order to have their evidence considered for the Prize. In the event an eligible entrant does not comply with the instructions of the Sponsor and/or its representative as directed, such eligible entrant will be disqualified. Images of Chupacabras that got away are encouraged and may be reposted on Cricket’s social sites for bragging rights!
The evidence required to qualify for a prize claim must be such as to satisfy a panel comprised of two (2) independent experts (the “Judging Panel”) as to the irrefutable existence of a Chupacabra at some time during the Contest Period. The Sponsor has the sole right to select the persons that will act as the Judging Panel. The Judging Panel’s decisions are final and binding as to all determinations made in relation to this Contest and the evaluation of all evidence. The Sponsor and/or Judging Panel may ask any person submitting a claim to send his/her samples and/or evidence to an independent third party selected by the Judging Panel and/or Sponsor for evaluation and/or testing. Such evaluation/testing shall be at the sole expense of the individual submitting such evidence, and Sponsor and/or Judging Panel may require any such expense to be paid in advance of such evaluation/testing being conducted. If any person submitting evidence refuses or fails to pay any such expense, their entry will be rejected and disqualified.
For purposes of this Contest, “Chupacabra” refers to a previously undiscovered mammal that is capable of taking down an adult goat, native to North America and existing contemporaneously with the Contest Period. There is no set type or amount of evidence required to establish proof for purposes of this Contest other than that all evidence presented must satisfy the Judging Panel. Evidence may include, but is not limited to DNA Evidence. DNA Evidence may include hair, blood, tissue or saliva that proves the DNA sequence of the donor shows that said donor resides in the canine evolutionary family tree, among other dogs or Canis family, but does not have the same genetic markers and DNA sequence as any known species. Evidence may also include “Visual Proof” of a live physical body. Physical remains may be considered as evidence provided that it can be conclusively demonstrated that the date of death was during the Contest Period. Visual Proof shall not include footprints, bone fragments, inconclusive skeletal remains, or any other non-definitive evidence of the existence of a Chupacabra. Any photo or video taken with photographic or video equipment is not sufficient to qualify as evidence in and of itself for consideration in the Contest, but may be considered as supporting evidence.
NO HARM SHOULD BE DONE TO A CHUPACABRA OR ANY LIVING CREATURE AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST. ANY EVIDENCE OF SUCH ACTIVITY SHALL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST AND NOTIFICATION TO THE PROPER LEGAL AUTHORITIES.
By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between Sponsor and any participant in or winner of the Contest, each participant irrevocably grants the Contest Entities and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such participant’s name, likeness, and biographical information and any photos that may be submitted to the Website, in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes and hereby release the Contest Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
One (1) Prize is available and shall only be awarded to the first individual who provides irrefutable proof of the existence of Chupacabra in compliance with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judging Panel. The Prize consists of $100,000. The Prize will be awarded in the form of an annuity paid out as $5,000 per year for twenty (20) years. The Prize will solely be awarded in the name of the individual who initially submits a Capture Report in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any disputes regarding the rightful recipient of the Prize.
GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS:
Prize winner, if any, shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. Any potential prize winner must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within ten (10) days of prize notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), winner may be disqualified. Additionally, any Prize winner must submit to and pass in a conclusive manner, a polygraph examination as a condition precedent to receiving any Prize. Required parties must sign a normal and customary waiver as required by the polygraph examiner and must present the conclusive results of the polygraph examination to Judging Panel no later than thirty (30) days after the conclusion of the Contest Period.
GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE:
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that the Contest Entities (i) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or in any Contest related activity, or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (ii) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Prizes will only be awarded to a verified winner. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or (if applicable) postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, web sites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the prize or in any prize notification documents, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or extend the Contest Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person in connection with the Contest, is in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the applicable individual and seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provisions of these Official Rules are determined to be invalid or unenforceable, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
Governing Law/Jurisdiction: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR CONTEST ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc. The Android Robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google for use according to terms described in the Creative Common 3.0 Attribution License.